Thursday, July 30, 2009

Exercise, Buffet, and Will Power

Well last night I made it to the track again with my two oldest girls. The did races and climbed on the bleachers while I walked. I did my first mile in 23 minutes. I began my second and tried running one of the curves. I guess its been long enough since I've been exercising that I'm just not ready for the running part yet. Kind of discouraging but I know in time I will be able to. So anyway I did my second mile in 22 minutes. Not so bad for someone who weigha 231 lbs. Huh?

As far as diet goes I've been doing really well. Drinking much more water and still have had no white flour pasta or potatoes. I've also cut back on how much I eat at a time when I eat. So my hubby outta the blue tonight decides to take us to golden corral to eat. Ugh! Right. I'm thinking to myself I'm gonna ruin all I've accomplished so far. Then I tried to justify my thoughts by telling myself its expensive and we don't get to come here often...all my old excuses. Yes I ate a little more than I have been but I had no pasta no potatoes and nothing fried. And I do have to say I probably ate half of what I used to. I did allow myself desert but it was like a half a piece of apple pie with maybe a half a cup of sugar free fat free yogurt on top. Lemme tell you it may not be perfect but that's a miracle for me. And I don't feel that I ruined my diet so much that I have to quit now.

I'm actually a little anxious now to go get on a scale but I want to try to wait at least a month and just keep up with what I'm doing. Can't wait to see the results.

No comments: