Friday, September 18, 2009

Feeling Stoked!!

Okay, yes i am still upset that my friends mother passed away, so don't take this that that doesn't still bother me. I will miss her tremendously and i ache for my friend and her family and their loss...

However, every time that something traumatic, or extremely happy, or depressing, etc. etc. happens in our lives, we cannot turn it over to bad habits and eating whatever whenever we want and just sitting on a couch feeling sorry for ourselves. if we did that we would all weigh 400+ lbs. and not get anywhere in life.

I was sooo down because i had been working so hard, and really watching what i ate and i was still weighing a lb more than my original weigh in. Yesterday started off with me climbing on the scale expecting to see 229 or 230, and low and behold it said 226!!! Yay!! it's not much, but at least i know it's not nothing. So i was already pretty excited about that, and decided to go look at some flea markets to see if i could find any bunk beds or tables for our new house.. I didn't find any furniture, but i got a jogging stroller for FIFTEEN bucks!!!!! It's a little sun faded, but it's fine. Tires are good, brakes work, and me and ryleigh tried it out yesterday as soon as we got it home (in the rain even). She loved it.

Today i'm working on going through stuff in the house, trying to figure out what we r gonna keep, what we are getting rid of, etc. We should have the new house out here and set up within the next 2wks, but with having to dig a septic and run utilities it will probably be a month b4 we can actually move into it. It's already noon and i ate a small breakfast. Normally i would have already eaten 3 or 4 more times by now, but i just happened to look at a clock and realized how good i have been doing lately. It's awesome to not let food control me.

There are many addictions, drugs, alcohol, smoking, etc. But i think what people fail to realize is that food can become an addiction also. I used to pride myself on not needing a smoke to calm my nerves or needing a beer to help me relax.. i then realized that i am just as bad, because regardless of what emotion i have, i would turn to food.. Happy? Let's celebrate and eat some cake.. Depressed? Let's drown it out with chocolate... it's the same thing... I am glad that i have realized this and that i am doing my best to overcome my addiction and become a stronger, prettier me. Thanks so much for all the support i have received and Congrats on all of your accomplishments. You guys are awesome!!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

I have totally been thinking about the whole food addiction thing too. It is so true. We usually rationalize it bc we need to eat to survive, but the truth is we don't need most of the types of foods we eat and many hurt our bodies...

Congrats on having the scale move in the right direction... and good for you for not letting this emotional time make you fall back into bad habits.

Sarah said...

Thanks for your wonderfully honest and true post. I am so glad that things are going well for you and hope they continue to do so.

Ellura said...

wow, not much to add to this post. Let me just say "amen" :)

Karilynn said...

YAY!! I have actually reflected on the idea of food and addiction and totally agree. You put it into words perfectly. Congrats on seeing a change. And congrats on not letting food control you anymore! :o)

Kathy Scoffield said...

I' so happy for you. It's a great thing to feel that sense of hope and faith and motivation. I know you'll see great things happen