Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Official Day So Far

i have to say i feel i've done pretty well so far for my first day. I got up at six, got kids ready for school, took them and got home a little b4 eight. I put my 2 year old in her wagon, and went walking on the road in front of our house. Walked for about a half an hour, then had to get ready to go BACK to the school for a meeting.

I did a calculation thing on some website to figure out just how many calories i need to be eating to keep up with my weight and exercise. I was thinking a maximum of 1500... I was shocked to find that based on my weight, height, age, and assuming 5 days of exercise, they recommend i do almost 2000 calories for weight loss, and 1856 for extreme weight loss!! Wow.. here it is over halfway through the day and i've only burned 580 calories.. and honestly... i'm not hungry.. so it's going to take a little playing around with to balance fruits and veggies with all the other GOOD stuff that i need to be eating but still stay within the range that they recommend i eat. It is true that if you don't eat enough calories your body will take everything that you consume and store it for fear of starvation. I've known that since anatomy class in college, i just never could figure out where the fine line would be drawn. Trial and Error i guess.. that's all i've got.
I have consumede almost my daily required intake on water already. i bought these nifty little 32+ oz bottles of water with a flip top lid.. Makes it more handy to keeep by when i'm doing housework whatever, plus it doesn't seem like i'm drinking as much water as 8 glasses. 2 of those bottles and i'm good for the day. I have yet another meeting at the school tonight but sometime tonight i want to go walking again. Hubby has bowling league so maybe after he gets home.. We'll see. It's been a good day so far, hope all the rest go as well.

No comments: