Monday, September 14, 2009

SERIOUSLY!!!!!

Well, i got on the scale this morning and was extremely dissapointed. My weight has been fluctuating, from 4 to 2 lbs down.. This morning.... I was a lb up!! What the Crap!! In my defense, this weekend, since last thursday night has been absolute hell! I worked Wed. night.. got home, laid down for an hour, got up to take kids to school, came home and took a nap with my two year old. I woke up to several calls on my phone that my dad had been taken by ambulance to the hospital.. he was okay, just had bad kidney stones, but he had bills due that day, so i had to go run some errands for him. In the end of running errands, i get a frantic phone call from my friend/neighbor saying that her husband is performing CPR on her mother. These people are basically family. My kids call them aunt and uncle and her mom and dad are grandma and grandpa. They are always here for bdays, cookouts, or a lot of times just to hang out and play cards, so they are really much more than friends.. So anyway, the paramedics get her back, barely, and rush her to hospital. They decide she is basically brain dead and want to withdrawl support, so we wait until friday night to withdrawl because they were waiting on another child to come in from iowa. Minutes before withdrawling, her husband has chest pain and gets admitted to the hospital... so we ended up moving her upstairs to a larger room and he was in icu friday and most of saturday. They finally let him out sunday around noon. We attended church sunday morning where they prayed for God to either let her go or heal her, as she had been fighting since fri night when they took her off of support. Our pastor came and prayed with the entire family in her room about 3:45 sunday afternoon. We were getting the kids rounded up around 4:30 to head home and get ready for school today and she passed right before we walked out the door.

It sucks, but i know she is in a much better place. I have to give myself credit, because for basically living at the hospital and doing fast food and pizza and cafeteria food, i did watch what i ate, but obvioulsy there was no time for exercise. I plan to get back in the groove today and just pray that i get some kind of results by the weigh in next month.

5 comments:

Jewel said...

I am so sorry about your neighbor!

Just give yourself credit for doing the best you could under very stressful circumstances. I have found the biggest key to weight loss is in the planning...and you were not in a position at all to plan this past weekend.

As long as you can pick yourself up and get back into the healthy eating you will still do great!

Kathy Scoffield said...

I am so sorry! That sounds like an awful weekend. Don't be hard on yourself, you couldn't control any of that. Just pick up from where you are.

Karilynn said...

I know it's been a crazy hard weekend for you guys. I hope that things get better for you! Just remember that no matter how crazy things get, you are still important and it's okay to make that a priority. You are awesome and honestly, most gals in your situation would have gained a whole lot more! Don't lose your motivation cause you are doing fantastic!!

:o) Just wanted to let you know that Melissa is an amazing support but isn't able to post on your blog because of the way you have your comments set up. She LOVES commenting though so if you would like comments from her, go into your layout and switch your comments to anything but the one it's already on!! (I'm letting everyone with this type of comment window know!)

Vicki said...

So sorry to hear about your rough weekend. I am sure your neighbor's family is so thankful for all of your support and friendship in this tough time.

rochelle said...

Christen, sounds like you had to be strong for everyone that week. I hope things are looking up for you. I hope you feel the blessings I'm sure you received for being their rock.