Sunday, September 6, 2009

Y can't i sleep???

So it's like four o'clock in the morning and i CANNOT sleep. This is like the third night in a row now. I go to bed early, and i've been getting up at six, and not taking naps, and still i cannot get any rest.. so discouraging. Anyone have any ideas not involving meds??

i've been doing good on exercise. Have been walking every day (sorry, can't run yet) and i've been keeping myself busy so i don't eat everything in sight. i'm the type that eats simply becaue i'm bored. Such a bad habit.

This weekend has already proven to be a challenge. We have already done two cookouts... I have managed to limit what i eat, no buns, no potato salad, and i made hubby cook chicken breast so i could stay away from all the juicy fatty red meats.. lol.. This morning is donut day at church. They have donuts the first sunday of every month. I have a cup of yogurt i plan to eat instead, but the donuts smell soooo good. My 8 yr old daughter is getting baptized this morning so i'm pretty excited about that too.

I'm already seeing a change on the scale and it's nice to see the numbers go down. Just pray i can stick with it and see a pretty good change come the first of next month. Just gotta keep on keepin on..

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Sorry about not being able to sleep -- that is no fun. I don't have any other ideas other than reading something boring ;)
So glad you are seeing the numbers on the scale go down. Decide that you are going to stick to it -- even if you have a flew slip ups... Just know in your head and out loud that you CAN and WILL do it.

Sarah said...

The only advice I have for the sleep issues is the sleep more. I would take a nap or 15 to 20 mins or whenver you wake up. Maybe you are overtired with all this new exercise and activity. Sleep is vital to weight loss.

Great Job on watching what you at family functions. I stink at that and hope I can just teach myself I don't have to eat to have fun and enjoy myself.
Keep up the good work!

Karilynn said...

GO CHRISTEN!! I'm so excited/impressed with for/with you! Isn't it fantastic to see the difference making good choices can make! Maybe you should read the bible when you can't sleep, I hear it will put you right to sleep! ;o) Keep going Christen. You are doing amazing... just don't stop!