Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Intro to Competition

Okay, about the only person in this competition that knows me at all is Karilynn. I am basically a stay at home mom of five, with 6 more step children. We currently have 5 living with us and are trying to get custody of my hubby's 11 yr old. The other children are grown, except one who is 15 and chose to go live with his mother... i work in the PICU at arkansas childrens hospital. I was weekend night option for almost two years.. I just recently went zero based, so i only have to work 16 hours a month to keep my position, but i can sign up for any hours. Generally if they don't need me in the unit they will pull me to another unit within the hospital where they are short staffed.

I have been overweight for as long as i can remember.. When i got married the first time at 17 i weighed 170. Looking back, i would give anything to weigh that now. (even though my goal is btw 130-145.) I put on weight with each kid and justified my horrid eating with the lovely phrase "i'm eating for two". Well, i definitely got two of me. I have yo yo'd dieted many times and the most i have lost is down to 205 about two years ago. I super apologize but i have not yet gotten my scale. Money is pretty tight right now and i have no scale in the house, let lone a digital scale. I am hoping to run to wal mart tonight or tomorrow and try to find a cheap one so i can post my first weight on here.

I'm not really sure exactly what my plan is right at the moment.. .More physical activity is a definite, and cutting out sugar and white floor is also a definite.. I will WATCH calories, but i'm not so sure that i am going to be like i HAVE to eat this many each day... we'll see how it goes. Support... I basically have none.. My hubby is always telling me i'm not going to stick with it anyhow.. etc... so he doesn't even give it a thought when i tell him i'm going to try to lose weight. Just kinda brushes it off and waits on me to give up again. I'm planning on this time being different, especially since i will have support. Obviously my life is kinda hectic, and prolly will be even more so in the next coming month because we are trying to get a new mobile home and get it moved onto our land.. so with signing paperwork, moving the trailer in and getting it set up and water and electric run.. septic put in, etc... it's gonna be pretty busy, but i will check messages and update as often as i can. I look forward to making new friends and finally losing all this weight and feeling like a person again. :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like you have a your hands full and much on your mind. I will say this though, way to go. This is just the beginning of a great journey. I know that with a little bit of support and self-discipline you will accomplish more than losing weight. I am so grateful you are doing this.
I know you don't know me but I will be there for you during this great opportunity to get healthy.

Elise said...

Welcome to the team girl. You CAN do it. When I started running my hubby didn't think I'd stick to it either...little did he know. So, in your mind when your hubby is blowing off your efforts...just think how wrong he will be in just a few weeks. Prove him wrong. Prove everyone wrong who has ever not believed in you. YOU can do it! YOU are the link to your succes - no one else. Good luck. We're rooting for you!